Originally Posted by ArvGuy
Originally Posted by sinogy

Originally Posted by ArvGuy
I gotta say, the hooey said by Kein and Sinogy really does highlight the need for those "repulsive" feminists.

As a straight male, it is of course fairly depressing to have to say this, but women do not exist just to make our gigglesticks hard. And they are under no obligation to conform to our particular personal preferences. Frankly, and pardon me for being blunt, but I can think of no reason whatsoever that any female out there should ever care in the slightest how Kein and Sinogy defines femininity.

Regarding Minthara, so far it appears that she was formerly of House Baenre in Menzoberranzan. She does not appear to be particularly young either. That means she probably spent a century or more at the very top of the power pyramid in one of the most fanatically right-wing hellholes one can imagine, a place where the strong can do literally anything they want with the weak, and where the weak are not merely left to live or die as they can, but are in fact entirely without rights, purely the playthings of whomever cares to play with them.

Yes, Drow society is somewhat hedonistic, but the idea that a Drow of Minthara's former station would actually care a whole lot what others think of her appearance strikes me as almost unthinkable. If a daughter of the First House of Menzoberranzan wants to use you, she will tell you and you will perform. Whether you find her beautiful is of less than zero relevance, but while she has an interest, you will act as if she is the goddess of beauty. Or else. And that "or else" is several paragraphs of extremely nasty.

This is the Drow society that Minthara was raised in, the society she was raised to be a major power player in. And you think she should be a sexy bitch that gives even the tiniest little whiff of a fart what you think of her appearance? No, I think you're getting that power dynamic entirely wrong. She might not be a priestess of Lolth in Menzo anymore, but the arrogance and egomania of decades or even centuries does not go away easily. She's not trying to charm you into letting her be your bitch, she's graciously and generously allowing you the honor of being hers.

At least that's how I read her character.

It is not a person it is a fictional character. Hellooo. There is nothing wrong in it entertains people.
Apart from that, people deserve much more credit than you give. I mean, you are proly a liberal sjw type person but things you wrote about males see women like this bla bla are not different than Trump saying video games incite violence!
Believe me, most people are at least as smart as you and they can differentiate real world from fantasy world.

Going back to Minthara. You have zero evidence to interpret about why she looks modest af. Drow is not somewhat hedonistic, they are highly hedonistic. You can not just cherry pick things fit into your world view story and exclude other factors by saying somewhat. There is nothing somewhat about it. Drow is created like that by the creators of this universe. I am not making the lore! So, suck it up.
Minthara coming from a strong house has no reason to be ugly and modest. You want an interpretation? Prople on top of the pyramid have access to the most desirable of things and tyrants are not modest. Minthara coming from a gene pool that manifests itself in the form of her being that ugly is pretty unlikely and culture she comes from make her look that modest even more unlikely. Capeesh?
See what I mean? So much hooey. No, mate, you clearly cannot differentiate your personal fantasies from reality, because you're blabbering on about how other people must be "liberal sjw" types because they're okay with a murderous psychopath having short hair rather than being a sexy doll with long hair that stands around in a gobbo camp in heels, underwear, and full make-up. Because she's only a part time warlord and her real calling is obviously as a callgirl. Do I even need to put into words how ridiculous that idea is? By the way, that "liberal sjw" thing is quite revealing of your personal beliefs, isn't it?

"But it entertains people, so it is okay", no, not really. The game has a setting and characters should fit that setting. Drow daughters that were groomed from childhood to lord over everybody else and keep all the lessers in line should not be pretty girls that just want to be someone's plaything. It just does not fit.

And of course I can use the word "somewhat" whenever I feel like it. It's how people speak, mate. Get out of your basement and smell the world a bit, you'll realise it soon enough. For instance, your idea that Drow nobility are bred to be pretty is "somewhat" off the mark. Matron mothers are not chosen through a beauty pageant and while their male companions might be chosen in no small part based on who appeals to the matron at the time, there's no guarantee that it will produce offspring. Do the math. First priority is having children, second priority is children of sound mind. If they're pretty then that's a bonus.

Lastly, yes, the tyrants in Drow society have access to anything they want, more or less. So why do you think a power player in that society would want something as shallow and pathetic as "to be pretty"? What they want is power. More power. Then even more power. Ambition is everything. Looking weak or unhealthy is bad, but beyond that it would be a weakness if a Drow noble started feeling vulnerable about her appearance. The other sharks will smell that from a mile away and prey upon it. It would be a no go.

You mentioned Trump. He's a pretty good example, actually. Do you see Trump trying to be "pretty"? Is he often showcasing his "masculine charm"? No, he isn't. He is rich and powerful enough that if he calls himself pretty and good-looking and brags about his wrists and how youthful he is then who will contradict him to his face? Power dynamics at work. However, he does seem a bit prone to flattery and he seems "somewhat" vulnerable about some of his age-related attributes, like his thinning hair and his bad complexion. Do you think such vulnerabilities would be particularly helpful in a place like Menzo?

No I don't see what you mean. I don't think even you see what you mean. You are just confused.

Being pretty and being attractive are not necessarily synonyms but I am not surprised you can't see the difference. Sadly, it seems things are either within your political narrative or outside of it regardless of context.

I don't give a flying fuck about if Minthara's look fits my aesthetic standards. The problem is her look does not reflect Drow standards especially that of one who is high in their cast system. Power means nothing if you have to use it whenever you need people to see what it means that's why powerful people and groups show their capabilities through visual representations unless they have a reason to hide it. Otherwise, they would just jump from one unnecessary conflict to another and thinking "all I want is power why would I care about how people see me" is just naive. Naivety has no place in drow culture.

Sorry I don't make the rules and if something is inconsistent within the context it belongs then that means it is inconsistent within the context it belongs whether it fits your real world political view or not!