Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by sinogy
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Sometimes it blows my mind how serious we fans can take stuff.

Let's take a step back. Think real life culture. In the 1950s, a woman would never be caught dead in pants. All women were to wear skirts to their ankles and have longer hair. Now, most women DONT wear long skirts and many DONT like long hair.

Who's to say all Drow women everywhere throughout all time must look a certain way?

Established game lore uses clear stereotypes. Stereotypes are useful for a consistent imaginary world.

Real world is chaotic and ever changing. If you try to overlap real world and game world all the time all you are left with will be confusion because everything becomes mutable at any given time.

There are ways to make changes in lore but it requires more effort than " hey I make changes now because real life is changeable" to stay consistent.

that's a weird way to say that you want girls to look like girls.

Agreed to the post you quoted though, it's insane to me just how much angst is involved in how women are portrayed. Oddly enough, more angst seems to come from men than women lol

Yeah, it takes one to know one. You may like to express yourself with hidden motives behind but what I say is what I mean.