I wasn't specifically replying to you. There is a lot of transcendental moral thought still in the minds of most people. Human rights were, as you said, invented because "we" have decided that they should exist. The question of course is, who is encompassed by this "we". Governments of western nations (and some others) have signed so called declarations of human rights. Insisting upon their applicability to all human cultures is at least borderline intellectual imperialism. Extending this universal claim to fantasy realms is, as you understand, absurd.
I recommend the book "Falsches moralisches Bewusstsein. Eine Kritik der Idee der Menschenwürde" (Wrong moral conscience. A critique of the idea of human dignity) to all those who understand german.

Sure, I am throwing around ideas. It is a fantasy forum and fantasy is (mostly) about exploring ideas. As long as the ideas are linked to the topic I see no problem with doing that.

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 08/08/21 04:52 PM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum