Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by GM4Him
This is kinda crazy. I can't believe we're still discussing Minthara's hair and saying that she is Drow, therefore, her hair must be long and not cropped short because she's a Drow.

You're missing the real argument for the fake one. The bottom line is people want her to look sexy, and short hair on women isn't sexy (according to the people upset). the lore is just an excuse to try to justify themselves preferring a very specific definition of attractive for women. I wouldn't overthink it past that if i were you smile

Oh no. I didn't miss it. I've been speaking out against that as well. That's why I mentioned the whole thing about her not needing to be some busty female. She's tough and vicious, not sexy and seductive.

That aside, I was looking at the new versus old versions of her, and I think I have a new theory as to why they chose what they did for her hairstyle. I don't think it has any story relevance at all, and I don't think they thought it was going to be this big of a thing for people.

I think it all boils down to two reasons:

1. Her pointy ears aren't hidden and are more pronounced in the newer version, so she doesn't appear to just be some wild-haired human with a little bit of tips of pointy-ears sticking out that you kinda really can't see so people might not even realize she's drow. In fact, most images I found on Google make her appear to be human. Her ears are almost completely hidden, and you can't even tell much. Other than her skin color, she looks like she isn't really a drow at all.

2. The old hairstyle almost completely hides her neck tattoo. I'm not sure if that's important at all, but I'm thinking they definitely wanted to show it off.

I think the change in makeup was to make her look more sinister and creepy in certain lighting. So they probably didn't even consider story, lore, or anything everyone has been discussing on this thread. They probably just wanted to show off those two features, and they probably felt that red armor popped more than blue during those darker scenes in the Goblin Base.

Look at the difference between the ears and tattoo in these two pics.

[Linked Image from c.radikal.ru]

https://preview.redd.it/epynbbivktb...787a8dc0dcddb1bbb4c9ff7f56ff4c4e1bd6739b

Last edited by GM4Him; 09/08/21 08:45 PM.