I have to say that the most notable change about patch 5 Minthara in my opinion is her eyeshadow and although she does have a new hairstyle; I don't think that nearly affects her appearance as much her increased eyeshadow and it's color which is bright silver. So from what we can see Minthara's eyeshadow has been substantially increased and changed from black to silver.

Here in the pre patch 5 face we can see the skin around her eyes is not occluded with eyeshadow; you can see her natural skin tone under and above her eyes; she has very little eye makeup on which is just black eyeshadow; it fits well; contrasts well with her skin; the pre patch 5 face looks very natural in my opinion.
[Linked Image from staticdelivery.nexusmods.com]

In Patch 5 her face in the same scene with silver eyeshadow; when I look at her my attention is drawn to her eyeshadow and yet I find that I cannot fully appreciate the aesthetic of her face properly because of it and it seems to lessen the gravity of her facial expressions; her face looks very happy in the below scene whereas in the pre patch 5 scene her face seems too be more serious and in my opinion seems to express more conviction.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I've always been partial to natural looking faces and I don't use very much makeup; I think that too much can veil the natural beauty and details of a face. It seems hard in my opinion to take a villain with bright silver eyeshadow as seriously as a one with a more natural face with little to no eyeshadow; Minthara's patch 5 face seems more relaxed; we don't see as much stress and tension
in the eyes; instead our attention is drawn to her silver eyeshadow every time we look at her eyes; it stands out in a bad way in my opinion; it takes more away than it gives and that's a shame because Larian has chosen beautifully detailed faces for BG3's characters and NPCS.

Minthara has a lot of angry facial expressions that have far more gravity when her face looks natural. This is a very impactful scene below; you can clearly see her anger and her eyes are very prominent in the picture; you can read the emotion on her face.
[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]
[Linked Image from images4.imagebam.com]
[Linked Image from images4.imagebam.com]

Please share what you think about it, do you like it? Let's do some comparisons and talk about the contrast.

Does Minthara's patch 5 makeup improve her appearance?
single choice
Yes (9%, 2 Votes)
No (91%, 21 Votes)
Total Votes: 23
Voting on this poll ends: 22/08/21 04:45 AM
Last edited by Tara Grimface; 09/02/22 07:39 AM.