• Her eyeshadow/make-up makes me think about certain "real-world stereotypes" even more. [Linked Image]
    Drow define themself with their dark skin and are proud of it.
    It is what seperates them from the filthy "surface Elven races". wink

To see a Drow using a make-up that makes a part of her face highlighted brighter,
    or putting up make-up for an environment in which she is surrounded by nothing but lowly savages anyway - it feels very much out of place to me. She is not in Menzoberanzan anymore but somewhere at the surface, surrounded by "lesser non Drow beings".
    Why would she care what those inferior creatures think?
    She is not going to a party but to war for her mislead beliefs in the Absolute.

In that sense I find her new design inferior to the former one as well. Unrelated to her hairstyle.

Funny fact Drow do not have natural red eyes!
Maybe some of them have, but the majority is getting them from Lolth. That is actual canon lore.
Any Drow that Lolth favours in general and deems useful for her cause, she grants those red eyes - which is also why they sometimes glow when a Drow gets worked up inside.

Lolth does that to make the Drow look more ferocious and threatening.
( A~nd even though I thought I find the video where this was stated... alas I cannot find it right now. -_- Fffff... anyways! =D )

I find it most amusing that Minthara still has red eyes regardless of her obvious breaking with Lolth.
That shows that a true evil Deity is only amused by "its propertys" little insane episodes and still favours those cute little puppies. grin
But even if Minthara's fate is true and Lolth might feel that...
... as long as Lolth deems her useful for her own Agenda ( aka 'eternal dominance, subjugation of all other races, conquering with force' etc. )
we can bet that the Queen of Spiders won't take the red eyes from her anytime soon.

One has to break entirely with evil or violence to truly make Lolth take their red eyes from them
like with those loyal to the cause of Eilistraee.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] <- *click*