Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
If you're really turned off because someone made a shitty meme, it's worth noting that pretty much the entire rest of the cRPG community sees the Larian fanbase as rather inane too. And I say this as someone that got into cRPGs with DOS2.

I have met many people in the PoE community especially who absolutely refuse to credit DOS2 as being part of the cRPG resurrection at all, let alone contributing much more to the cause than PoE did, which is where the DOS2 VS PoE2 animosity came from back in the day. A lot of the flaws of PoE2 and its ultimate failure are now even generally attributed to resources being diverted in an attempt to chase after DOS2's popularity (full voice acting being the big one), at the cost of resources that could have been spent improving the actual game (namely fleshing out the actual companions, the vast majority of the companion quests could be done in less than 10 minutes after you start them, and the dev team were straight up quoted in an interview saying they weren't any meatier because they were expensive to create).

Well, it is mostly because none of the mentioned things interest me. And the way it was presented made it worse.
And I did not really liked Pathfinder when it came out. Don't have an opinion about the current edition, since I do not know it.
But I am just not a fan of the 3rd edition of D&D. Only played it because there where neither games nor rounds where I could stay at the 2nd.

I mostly joined because I do have fun in BG3, I have not really played any D:OS games. Tried out D:OS on console, but my console died a while ago. I did play the other Divinity games, but they are kinda hard to compare. ;-)