Originally Posted by Avallonkao
I agree, that is annoying as hell. I don't really get all the Astarion love or the Minthara hype, but then I hate Twilight and the likes with passion and I don't like evil mad psychocult bitches, drow or other.
I would like to have a more down to Warth, normal companion for a change, without Drama, someone like Varric or Aveline from Dragon Age 2 for example. We have enough drama queens so far.

Since you brought that up, you know, I would love an Isabela like kind of character, just saying. And yes, please give us a companion who isn't overcomplicated/annoying/ with a darker past, etc kind of character, more down to earth companions can be interesting as well. Especially someone willing to just have a nice chat with you, this I miss in this game, unlike other rpgs I've played, in this one, there's no actual nice chat with the companions, everything seems so over the top, snarky, mind your business all the time. I think this is one of the biggest reasons I didn't get a real care for any of the companions. I think the only companion I really like, and that's not saying much, is Shadowheart.

Oh yes, Isabela - what a great character. And yes, more nice, friendly conversations - that's why I brought Varric up, I really liked the conversations with him in DA2, it truely felt liek friendship. I miss that in BG3. Mostly the companions are selfcentered snowflakes, that rub their problems in your face. Let's stay with Astarion for a while: The guy tries to kill you right from the beginning, he always cheers, if you are cruel and disapproves, if you are kind. But then he demands, literally demands, that you show kindness to him for being a vampire. He reacts aggressive, if you aren't understanding of his condition, but if you show the same kindness, that he demands from you to someone else (Arabella for example or the tieflings in general), he disapproves. What a drama queen. And don't get me started on Gale and Wyll with their god/demon mistresses and their whinyness, if you don't show compassion for being so dumb and start something with a fickle godess or a frigging demon.
I think the girls are a bit better - at least, Shadowheart is annoying, because she literally doesn't know, who she is (and it gets better later on) and Lae'zel is focussed only of finding a creche - aka her only solution for removing the tadpole. I can live with that. Lae'zel isn't a nice person, her culture isn't a friendly one, I get that. But she is the most dramafree of the companions.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who