Originally Posted by Boblawblah
you really need to start putting those pictures in spoiler tags, it's brutally difficult to read the posts here with all the pictures constantly loading and taking up 90% of the space.

Sorry, probably my bad there on page 3. I just wanted to try and get the thread back on track with the reference images, since it was starting to wander. These forums load extremely slowly for me as well, not just the images but everything, so didn't catch that.

To the other stuff above, the whiter brows do look a bit better with higher contrast there. Darkening her skin tone might have a similar effect, like you mentioned in the first page.

I think she looked much more menacing with dark brows. In the new patch 5 look it's as if she used a pencil and traced the outline of her otherwise mid-range 50% gray eyebrows in Black khol. Which immediately makes it look like something from fashion week, or worse just cartoonish and poorly drawn. The things which were subtle in her face before, now pop out and command all the attention like glintz and glam, whereas before she was more rough-and-tumble murderess with a basilisk's gaze.

I'm still not sure what they didn't like about her initial rendering that made them want to alter it to such an extreme? The only thing I can think of is that maybe her 2d concept art looked way different or something? And now they're trying to make her new appearance match some unseen splash screen paintings? But if that's the case, I still think the modelling 3d design team created a stronger overall impression with their original take on the character.

I agree its more compelling when she looks crazed and angry. The new look makes her more campy comic relief. Which might be fine if she wasn't like one of the only big bads in the first act. I think they would have gotten the exact same response if they dramatically altered Kagha's appearance.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 13/08/21 09:34 PM.