Originally Posted by Avallonkao
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Freedom of what ?

Freedom of answering because you choose to speak with your main to change minor things ?

If this isn't freedom for you, to change from minor to big things, because your choices affect everyone around you in some way. I don't know what else to tell you. If what you want is already start doing choices that will affect the whole world like some legendary hero when you just started a game, I... have no idea how to respond to that too.
And if you think your Tav is nothing, that on you. I think my Tav is amazing and so far my favorite character in the game.
He wasn't disagreeing with you about the freedom thing. What he was saying is that this freedom shouldn't prevent your main character from having some sort of background so that the player feels like the story is about their character, that they *matter*, which, from what I can tell, is something BG3 isn't quite conveying. I think it's useful to take an example here. In BG1 when you start the game you discover that someone is hunting you and wants you dead but you don't know why. That makes you special. And it is hinted via conversations with NPCs and the journal that it seems something bigger is going on and somehow you are part of it. The game makes you feel you have a role in this story, just not exactly how. This doesn't prevent you from being able to be whoever you want, picking whatever dialog choices you want, etc. I haven't played BG3 EA but from what I've gathered some are saying that they lack this kind of impression of a "role" when playing BG3. You have the same tadpole thing as a bunch of other people, and there isn't anything that makes you more special than them - if you're taken out of the story there will still be a bunch of people with the tadpole thing for the bad guys to hunt.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."