Now I'm going to compare Minthara's face to some other female NPCs; as for now it will be tough lasses in armor who can hold their own in a scrap; that way we can see what is unique in her patch 5 makeup choice relative to other female NPCS.

The female Tiefling we find northwest of the Chapel Entrance has little to no makeup on from what I can see ; her male companion is wearing black eyeshadow; Tieflings seem to look a bit dark on the sides of their eyes naturally; it's hard for me to tell if that's makeup.
[Linked Image from images4.imagebam.com]

Now here's Laezel; with very prominent black warpaint and eyeshadow; it seems to add in my opinion to the fierceness of her appearance.

Shadowheart has black eyeshadow; it seems to contrast well with her pale skin and matches her hair and circlet stone.

Karlach has no makeup on it would seem.

Remira is one of my favorite female NPCs I've always liked her appearance and it would seem she has no makeup on; though in these pictures she does have some blood on her face

It seems most female NPCs in BG3 from what I've seen thus far playing the game either have a natural face or black eyeshadow; it would seem therefore that patch 5 Minthara has the most unique eyeshadow in the game thus far.