Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Hehe. It certainly will be interesting to see how Larian's BG3 story plays out if you kill off every single one of their damn "origin" characters. I wonder of there will be a lot of crying?

Nah, it doesn't really matter much in Act I. Probably you miss out on a lot in actual Baldur's Gate ACT 2 and 3 since the majority of them have quest resolutions there. Although likely you end up with the Artifact from SH either way and so can at least continue that one. Probably you can also still go after Cazador if you want, or he gets folded into the main plot somehow. Gale and Wyll don't have much, but The Creche is likely a totally different situation if you don't have Miss Githyanki with you.

Originally Posted by The Composer
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Seriously, they should let people just create their own 4 custom characters from the get go and ignore the origin character (or murder them).

This is a planned feature iirc. At least the creating part. wink

Awesome!
My point was that I could picture the BG3 devs wringing their hands and whining and crying that they put so much time and energy and effort and love into creating these awesome and wonderful and amazing origin characters and a bunch of horrible players just blatantly killed them all off the moment they met them. I can even picture the devs putting in place some sort of *punishment* for those players who do such an appalling thing. I mean it is extremely obvious the devs WANT us to play with their silly origin characters, that they are trying to PUSH us into using their stupid-ass origin characters. And this irks me.