Originally Posted by Abits
Like Larian don't waste money on useless bullshit all the time
Love your signature. It definitely highlights one of the [many] bigger issues I've found with EA. They seem to take the data from player choices without context and then project their own opinions and insights onto it.

I ate a bagel this morning rather than a steak, egg and cheese, therefore I must be vegan. Well no, I ate all the steak and eggs and my mode of transportation is currently in the shop. It's the same type of projection of choices in BG3. I chose the Tieflings over Minthara, because I like good instead of evil.. Well, actually it's because the writing for the evil side was subpar and the choices made no sense for a character with above 9 intellect.

As for this topic: I didn't buy into the alpha/beta for WotR, but from the bits I've seen and heard it seems substantially better than Baldur's Gate 3 at present. That could certainly change at launch, but there seems to be far more choice, consequences and influence on the world and characters in WotR. And that's just things that can be said without breaking NDA and from multiple paths missing from the game in alpha.

Gameplay, substance, lore, choices and consequences, writing are all significantly more important than cinematics and graphics.

As for Terminator's comparisons to Witcher 3.. lol.. Why do people bother responding ever? After all, Baldur's Gate 3 is clearly such an inferior product because Minecraft sold 238 million copies and GTAV sold over 150 million entirely because they have multiplayer. /s