Healing word is a bonus action. Throw potion is an action.

If an enemy wants to refrain from having a critical hit against someone in my party and instead toss one of their few healing potions on a friend for 1d8 healing, that's really not bothering me a whole lot. But of course there's the potential for crazy things once we reach higher levels and enemies have of full healing and start action surging and whatnot. Still, with what we're seeing in EA, I really don't mind the potion tossing at all.

I will say, however, that surface effects can be a bit of a problem for all concentration spells. It seems to me that if an enemy tosses a potion of fire or acid at a concentrating character, that character has to first do a concentration check for the bottle impact, then a concentration check right away for the surface effect. That's a concentration check at disadvantage and, in my opinion, it is too strong.

But simply being able to toss potions at friends is just wacky fun and giggles that really doesn't bother me. Not like the inventory in BG1 and 2 was locked during combat, so some wacky things that aren't entirely according to rules is okay, even in a serious Baldur's Gate title. I do think there should be a penalty for just splashing the potion onto a character instead of properly consuming it, though. Reduce healing potions to always only doing quarter health recovery when throw, maybe.