Originally Posted by Avallonkao
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Originally Posted by Abits
I honestly think the comparison to WotR is pretty useless at this point since most people didn't even play it. from what I'm seeing most people here that think bg3 is a better experience never touched WotR and some explicitly said they don't plan to. So I don't see how can we really create a productive discussion, but whatever

I think people bring up WoTr because it feels more like a Baldurs gate game, its as simple as that. It does more things similarly to the franchise than what BG3 does:

6 party members
Big roster of playable NPCs
Engaging lead protagonist
Pick your killer fantasy portrait
More varied / tons of classes
More spells
Similar UI/Controls
Similar big dialogue trees
Flow of time (nights/day) and weather
Realtime with pause (AND turn base)...

So its a natural comparison. I also thing its the closest thing to a classic Baldurs gate game with have in the market, whether you like it or not.
Larian improving on any ONE of these points would be amazing...instead of using resources to add more cinematics and gimmicks.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
It's also a better game than Bg3 by far, but like I said, until people could actually play it and see for themselves, I don't see the point in Theorising which game is better

oh, the mystery. A forum dedicated to BG3 with ppl who didn't play WOTR, a game that isn't yet fully released as well. It's like going to their forum and get surprised most of the members there didn't play BG3. A mistery for the ages.
Btw, the image you posted it's actually accurate. on that, I agree with you. Especially Dark Souls, DS I can affirm is far superior to any of the games around here, WOTR, BG3, witcher, etc. That IS a true masterpiece.
Sigh first fo all anything more is a change in process. We can not know the extect BG3 provides before full release. They never promised to inluded all races or classes in Early Acces.

Well and as said many times Pathfinder 2 do not have multiplayer and we have already in tnis thread a player who said will not buy Solasta since it has it army controllig in game (which has nothing to do with DnD).

Well and then they fuckded Solasta with their annoying Mythic spel ls that I personally do not like though I do understand some other players might like it very much.

BG1 was never high level not some annoying demigod. While in PAthfinder you become level 20 and get on top of that annoying Mytthic powers.

Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by tetsuoinfernal07
Why did you start a thread about comparing Baldurs Gate 3 and Solasta without just buying Solasta and playing it?

For me Pathfinder is very far from BG1 not even near.
Well I wanted to know if it is worth to buy Solasta. I had only got impression from reviews. No no more questions thank you! I could as well ask every thread OP why they opened a thread.

Solasta was stupid buy.... I am not even sure I want to play through it...
Well as it turns out when people start listen to oh it is so good blah blah on forums they get interested and might buy an then regret it. There are 4 different players that gave +1 for my thoughts on BG3 Solasta thread so 5 different players who bought Solasta and are not happy with it at all stupid buy and unknown amount of other unhappy Solasta buy consumers who have not bothered to write +1 on that.

My point being if you already find lots of things you do not like about a game it is not quaranteed that when you buy it then suddenly you will like it so much that you want to give it a good rating. I already have RED flags about Pathfinder 2... freaking army controlling that is not voluntary, freaking Mythic spells and a sea of choices I am not super interested that I need to study a game. Well and then absolutely no multiplayer support while adding bad content.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 19/08/21 01:10 AM.