Originally Posted by Archaven
I would say larian probably can get away with a very huge sales dues to nostalgia of the franchise. But what Larian didn't realize is that they put a sour taste in my mouth for what they are trying to do with the franchise. I'm getting the feeling of playing DOS2 enhance rather than really Baldur's Gate 3.

Exactly, I think Larian will easily ship 5 million. After all, It is more appealing than DOS 2 with the inclusion of cutscenes, so they will end up probably selling at least the same amount.

But this game could've been much more. They had the budget and the team for a masterpiece, but lacked direction.

Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Originally Posted by Veilburner
https://gamerant.com/highest-selling-games-developed-bioware-ranked-how-much-sold/

not sure how accurate this is but I was going off of that.

DA:I has sold 6 million. Mass Effect 2 has sold 5 million. And Mass Effect 3 has sold 7 million.

Oh and I'm not doubting you, kanisatha. But can you show me where it's been confirmed that DA:I has sold 10 million? Haven't found anything about that.

BG1 and 2 selling 3.5 millions each is surprising, it seems inflated.
Why? Those numbers for BG1 and 2 have been known for some time. Note that they do include sales of the EEs, which believe it or not have had pretty good sales and surprisingly especially BG1EE relative to BG2EE.

I was just surprised about how the EE performed, in my memory each BG sold ~ 2 millions.