Originally Posted by timebean
Meh…I find MMO’s boring. Quantity over quality, and always full of microtrans trash. I doubt there will be any real influence of those shopping mall games on good rpgs. At least I hope not.

How BG3’s popularity will influence rpgs in the future? I imagine a move from text based to more cinematic as number one, and a continual shafting of solid single player mechanics for multiplayer elements as number two. However…it all depends on how much it actually sells.
You are correct about specially many ASIAN MMOS have annoying microtransactions.
WOW MMO and Ashes of Creation you can not become more powerful with microtransactions. They have microtransactions perhaps but it is of cosmetic nature much like in Guild Wars 2.

There is nothing wrong loving single player games. Personally I consider Witcher 3 one of the best made single player games made. Now BG1, BG2 and BG3 while you can play them in single player they support also cooperative multiplayer and thus I do not rate them as only single player games.

This is subjective taste. There will always be people who like single player above all. Well then there are people like me that like both multiplayer and single player. Finally there are also some player that only play multiplayer games or even only MMO:s

Your taste is not wrong it is apples vs oranges.

Originally Posted by Anfindel
So my take-away from all Terminator says is "yadda yadda yadda I love mounts...yadda yadda yadda I love FLYING mounts even more....yadda yadda yadda I love Asses of Creation cause it has FLYING MOUNTS"

Also "I haven't played or tested Asses of Creation because it costs an insane $500 to test right now, but it is still awesome because it has FLYING MOUNTs, but as soon as I can afford it (or plug it enough they give it to me free) I will be playing it because it has FLYING MOUNTS, it is awesome and Solasta, Pathfinder, and Witcher all suck toes". But BG3 is okay also because it too has multiplayer function, even if it lacks FLYING MOUNTS.

Am I missing anything important in his in depth evaluation?

Sadly, I have no use personally for coop/multiplayer play in such games, and couldn't give a rats ass about FLYING MOUNTS - but other than than I'm convinced - of something I think.
It was the newest news video that mount video less then a week old. I did post two other videos if you want more info see them about the Ashes of Creation MMO. Flying mounts in Ashes of Creation will not be like in WOW MMO everybody has them. They are very rare reserved to some VIP players like elected Major or say the best PvP player that leads the nodes PvP faction in a war vs enemies. I dont know who get access to flying mounts but from I understood an average player will not get a flying mount likely. Good news there are lots of different cool ground mounts the huge majority of mounts will be ground mounts in Ashes of Creation MMO.

I also explained why mounts in BG3 is less important. BG3 world area is very small to the enormous huge world of AOC MMO. In addition BG3 have teleport nodes. I still thing mounts would be super nice in BG3. However that is not a mandatory must have thing it is ok if BG3 have no mounts I think.

On this forums people are all over DA = Dragon Age which I bought long time ago and regret it never finished that crap game. Everytime I see a post about DA I think what could not care less, but whatever let people post what they want.

On sales I believe BG3 could win Ashes of Creation MMO. In total amount of money made? I am not sure even if Witcher 3 can win MMO Ashes of Creation that huge amount of people already have paid 500 dollars for to access Early Access Alpha. Well and then on top of that subfee even if you get it for say more normal price there is subfee monthly fee in Ashes of Creation MMO.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 24/08/21 02:54 AM.