Originally Posted by ash elemental
So it turns out Minthara's armor is female. Lesson learned, should have checked in the game instead of relying on forum screenshots. laugh

Technically yes you're correct regarding the in-game patch 5; the statements of my post had to do with my comparison of the patch 5 and pre patch 5 Ringmail in that it had a different more feminine variation for over nine months; which is what I showed; the chest used to have a small protrusion and the figure did not look as broad; The updated armor took away the unique aspects of the female ringmail model and made it look almost exactly the same as the male model; I associate the new patch 5 female Ringmail model with the male model; because they basically look the same the now; I consider the new female ringmail model to basically be the men's ringmail and the pre patch 5 ringmail to be a unique female model; I posted it that way because that's exactly how it appeared to me; I do not think their change was good and it does not make the female body models stand out in any way.

Though it is true some people like this new unisex armor; atheistically male and female Ringmail models look the same now; which I consider to be a horrible design choice; if they had done this change in reverse I probably would state they gave the male characters a female Ringmail model; they both had different unique aspects.

I just cannot consider this to be a be a female armor; with all do respect where did her breasts go? How does a woman's torso look as flat and broad as a man's.
[Linked Image from images4.imagebam.com]
In pre patch 5 you can clearly see the slight protrusion of her breasts; furthermore the stitching on her Ringmail jacket goes further up nearly below her armpits; that makes sense when a female bosom is being supported; though in the patch 5 Ringmail she has no breasts; so further stitching on the sides of the jacket does'nt make any sense I suppose.

When she wears the Ringmail in Patch 5 it literally changes her body type insofar that she no longer has breasts and even her arms look bigger unless she's naked; we've been talking about her hair, her makeup, her expressions, etc; but this Ringmail change I would contend is actually the biggest change she's had in patch 5. For over 9 months what she is now wearing we came to associate with the male Ringmail.

So because we're currently in patch 5; are we supposed to treat the over 9 month old pre patch 5 female Ringmail variation as if it never existed?; does it make sense to accept that the new patch 5 Ringmail that is a smaller scaled recolored variation of the male Ringmail; with nothing at all to distinguish it from the male Ringmail model that was used in both patch 5 and pre patch 5 is the female Ringmail model; that just so happens to be the same male Ringmail model that we've seen in all the patches; which has been recolored in patch 5 and replaced the unique female Ringmail that was used prior to patch 5?

My assessment is they destroyed any difference it had had from the male Ringmail model; they're virtually the same now; and so thus I stated Minthara is wearing the male Ringmail model(patch 5); because she is in a sense; besides the recoloring it's the same armor we saw for over 9 months on male characters.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Drow female Ringmail is entirely flat chested and broad now; just like the male variation and the difference shows when you compare it to the pre patch 5 Ringmail where there is obvious protrusion of the bosom.

Originally Posted by ash elemental
should have checked in the game instead of relying on forum screenshots. laugh

As I said at the beginning of both threads; we've been simply comparing and contrasting images and gifs; a lot of the commentary here is subjective; which was the intention; so yes I agree by all means use whichever sources of information that best suit your needs.

Last edited by Tara Grimface; 25/08/21 08:26 AM.