Well those armor sets in the top couple posts are about a thousand times better than the new ring mail.

Ring mail is such a silly armor concept to begin with, but at least in the old Minthara version the rings actually looked somewhat 3 dimensional. In the new ring mail they look completely flat, probably because of that horrid midrange brown. At least with the darker reddish leather trim the rings had some pop to them. I dislike the collar on both versions, but the older collar was at least somewhat subdued, the new one is all starched and flared, like disco, born to clip lol.

I don't like the color choices in the new ring mail set, the lighter browns and particularly that muted red in the sleeves. They also knocked off the brilliance from all the metallic components, so that now there are no highlights to break it up.

Feels like someone trying to make an already dull outfit even duller and somehow more garrish at the same time. It's whatever, they can make ring mail look as stupid as they want I guess, since ring mail is a dumb concept anyway, and doesn't really exist except in the D&D imagination. Rings that don't interlock aren't really "mail" at all, and probably not something a skull crusher would be decked in anyway, but that's a big neologism digression.

In any case, the Minthara character deserves a better outfit. A unique outfit! Preferably a black one, or at least something with the purples and darker hues on display in that nicely rendered armor from the second post above...

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I particularly like the Skull choker. That's a nice touch hehe

Last edited by Black_Elk; 25/08/21 08:35 AM.