Yeah, Solasta =/ I still have hopes about the title. It is a very solid D&D5e tabletop simulator, with an engine easy to mod and somewhat complete and faithful to the original material, with an interesting crafting and camping system...but the main campaign was not very engaging for me. Short, simple, the dialogues and NPCs are merely an excuse to send you to another dungeon, that, by the way, are Final fantasy linear dungeons, even tho the game has a very cool 3d environment they do not use it to the fullest. I am not sure if introducing more classes (druid and barbarian) is going to improve the gameplay if they do not give something interesting to do with the new features.

I still have one hope: the community and fanmade campaigns. The first Neverwinter ended up with a very active community that made great campaigns to play and the successive DLCs were much better. It would be a pity if a good engine for D&D5e with an interesting editor is going to waste.
I too have high hopes for the BG3 editor, andthe modding community to improve some of the things that I do not find very palatable about how the BG3 game is made ( the fire surfaces, the hp bloat, the lack of feat, and multiclass options, etc).

That said, the good thing is we live in a good year for CRPGs. Even if some are not for all people, we have great titles for the genre in the making or already made, like bg3, Solasta, Black geyser, knights of the chalice 2, Wasteland 3, etc.
And the good thing is that you can play all or none, you do not really have to choose more than how much your wallet allow =D

I expected those games were going to come at the same time, but luckily it seems we had (and will have) enough time between them to try them all.

Last edited by _Vic_; 07/09/21 04:51 AM.