Originally Posted by VenusP
This comparison is ridiculous. Wrath of the righteous is written by and for children.

> Refuses to elaborate
> Leaves

The writing quality itself may be of dubious value by our refined English standards, but only a pretentious fool with a stick up their ass would doubt that the presentation is quite good for what they have to work with. It's at least a breath of fresh air compared to many recent cRPGs having little more than dialing the verbose drama and shock value up to 11 with the subtlety of a brick to the face, and endings failing to match what was built up throughout the plot. The only real exception was Disco Elysium. Maybe by your logic, it's not too much of a surprise then that the cRPG that sold the most in recent memory also happened to feature what the vast majority of cRPG enthusiasts considers to be among the worst overall writing in the entire genre, and I say this as someone who played said game as my first ever cRPG and got into the genre because of it.

What you call childish only reveals to us that you don't understand the subjectivity of fun. At the very least, the Pathfinder games don't try to pass themselves off as a thought provoking experience, while it feels like I've heard every single buzzword in the industry in regards to BG3 at this point, at least a whole year before a theoretical full release.

---

The below contains one of my favorite quests from beta testing, Daeran's chapter 2 quest. Not sure if there's anything better beyond the end of chapter 4. MAJOR ASS SPOILERS if you haven't made it there yet.

The one thing that leapt out to me was the entire party up to that point in the game participating in the quest, so I made sure to get all the possible companion-specific banter in the footage. Stuff like this is what I mean when I say that WotR gives its companions a lot of personality through very indirect means.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 07/09/21 10:33 AM.