Originally Posted by _Vic_
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
I decided to buy the game.
I'm only in the early stages of the game, but what is especially noticeable is the non-existent artificial intelligence.
Opponents only attack the closest character, and due to the fact that it is a tank, 99% of the time the rest of the team is not endangered in any way.
This is terribly disappointing, maybe there will be smarter enemies after that, but I don't really hope for that.

Dunno, the time I played The Ia goes as far as taking AOO sometimes to smash your casters backwards, archers hit your clerics first, ambushers stay hidden until they can hit you, and they ignore your summons and attack the summoner, enemy conjures summon creatures and cast invisibility on themselves, etc to put some examples. Far from perfect but it works.
The ai is very simplistic, and things like ignoring aoo and also ignoring aoe spells are part of the problem. I already gave the example of a shadow demon, who rushed through the party to target my main character with cold attacks, even though my main a tiefling with cold damage reduction. It seems like the enemies are coded to "attack main" or "aatack mage". Compare that to the Sword Coast Stratagem, a fanmade mod for BG2 created by one person, where enemies will switch targets if their attacks are inefficient. Considering that WotR is a modern game made by en entire team of developers, it is frankly disappointing.

I also had enemies attack their own parties instead of mine with aoe spells, enemies getting stuck on obstacles or even not being able to find a path to my party. And in rtwp my own party is constantly tripping over themselves. Tbh I don't think this will be improved in WotR, someone from owlcat commented on reddit that it would be difficult.