Originally Posted by MyriadHappenings
Also picked up WoTR and completed the first act. It seems decent so far but I'm not particularly blown away by anything. I'm playing cavalier and the opening dungeon crawler happens in a lot of tight corridors, making it easy for my horse to constantly get stuck. Also, there are a lot of trashmobs. RtwP helps alleviate the tedium a bit but it feels more like a band aide than anything. Even though Woljff and Nenio are probably my favorite companions so far, the introduction of Seelah made me realize how much I agree with people asking for a straight up 'good' companion in BG3. Wyll and Gale are bros (although I remain wary of Gale) but they're also clearly hiding some messed up secrets.

+1 both to your general assessment and your reaction to Seelah. I'm hopeful, since Larian did say we were getting the neutral/evil characters first, that the good companions in BG3 just haven't been revealed yet (perhaps because their classes haven't been implemented yet), but I do hope that not everyone is as high maintenance and prone to exotic troubles as the first batch of BG3 companions.

I'm struggling to figure out why I haven't enjoyed WotR more--why it isn't engaging me more. Part of it's the bugginess and the fear that if I don't seek out spoilers the game is going to lure me to dead ends: builds that may rely on abilities that don't yet work properly or which just aren't suited to the immunities of this campaign, the need for meta knowledge to know which quests need to be done before timed events in order not to be shut out of things I want to experience, apprehension about the state of campaign mode, among other things. Also without anything being really wrong, the game just isn't luring me to turn the next corner in the expectation that I might see or experience something interesting.