Originally Posted by Sven_
Haven't really touched the BG3 EA since last year. Haven't actually played anything this year so far.

Bought this though as I quite enjoyed Kingmaker, in particular the early stages and the chapter with the bloom and all the detective work (with the weakest part being some of the ending areas, as they felt rushed and full of paste&copy mobs). Also, Owlcat seem to be pretty promising. Hopefully they'll do Ustalav next.

I'm still at the beginning, but I'm enjoying this so far. I finished Kingmaker in RT exclusively, despite the fan patch that was later released during my playthrough. I would still finish it mostly in RT, as the encounter design wasn't made for TB (lots of biggie mobs). However, I'm currently playing Wrath on TB, as in particular later on in Kingmaker, it was real hard to digest WTF was actually going on in detail.

Characters doing mulitple attacks per "turn" (even more if "hasted") -- checks on concealment, attacks of opportunity, concentration and saving throws all being resolved simultaneously -- anybody arguing he could follow this on a mechanical level in particular in the later stages of the game must be like Neo in the Matrix. On some boss fights, this lessened my feeling of achievement, actually. During the game's very first major boss fight at the end of an early chapter, I shopped and buffed my party to the hilt. Including potions that would conceal them (a 20% chance of a mishit on every enemy attack roll). We won that fight on the first try. However, to get an actual "feel" of how much those potions made a difference, I had to go through tons of combat log, after the battle was over, that is. I'm neither a RT zealot nor a TB purist. But it's just obvious that this ruleset was made for turn by turn combat resolutions, as it happens on a table.

Will continue with TB and switch to RT if I encounter another area full of trash mobs, probably. You actually CAN switch mid-game, unlike in say, Deadfire, after all.

Couldn’t agree more. RT feels good when you’re plowing through mobs, but I find TB much more satisfying for challenging fights when the balance can hang on specific rolls. Crits feel better in TB too, you can actually revel in them. It’s definitely great to be able to switch back and forth at will.