Originally Posted by ash elemental
Playing WotR now, I'd say that it is the classes that can target touch ac that are most useful (deadly earth is slightly less overpowered due to trip immune enemies, but still...). Unique enemies often have very high ac but very low touch ac, while at the same time hitting like a truck. Because of how dumb the ai, I just find it easier to spam skeletons while using anything ranged with touch attack (conjuration tends to ignore SR, though Ember can manage with rays; for now I've decided to ignore the kineticist class). This makes a lot of these supposedly tough battles easy, like that summoned demon end of chapter two (I think his touch ac was something like 6?). Funny enough the lady who tries to summon him is tougher.
Is that so? I looked up that boss and one of the reddit posts mentioned Grease is the key, and the OP was like "you're RIGHT it WORKED", and I was like "Oh right let's try it". Then when I actually tried it I realized I didn't have a caster who could actually cast Grease, only the Wand of Grease. Of course that didn't work, cause the DC from the wand was like 10 and the thing had 18 Reflex save. I suppose you'd have a small chance if you Heighten Grease to level 5 and your DC at this point would probably be about 22. So I was like screw this and just wailed on him hoping for crits. I had True Seeing on my custom fighter who used Wide Sweep and was actually lucky enough to land 2 crits on him in like 3 rounds and won that, just before he landed one last hit that would've killed Seelah for good. Anyway, he has 23 Touch AC on Hard. If you try to hit him with touch attacks with a L9 mage you'd be missing most of the time, and when you do land a hit you'll have to contend with his 31 SR. And you get only one try every 6 seconds, while the guy has 5 APR at +35. May be easy for a Magus with Dimension Strike though.

Never bothered try out Heightened Spell, tbh. Will probably look into it later in this WotR run at some point.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 26/09/21 07:28 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."