Originally Posted by dwig
Fighters in 5e have some pretty serious nova potential. Honestly, one of the stronger classes IMO.

Oh yeah, fighter is a very solid class, but I think he meant that, besides battlemaster, eldrich knight or shield-basher users and maybe a few homebrew ones, the mechanics of playing a fighter are the same as Sven said, pick a weapon of choice and "I attack" and [Insert here the added damage of your subclass or feat, being arcane archer, echo, gunslinger, champion,...] and then "I attack twice" "I attack thrice" action surge and... well you know. Rinse and repeat in all the fights for 20 levels.
Playing tabletop that´s not a big of an issue because you can roleplay things while you are "I ATTACK!"- ing , but in a videogame...

Same with "I protect" in the enemy´s turn if you are a cavalier, rune knight or use protection style. In the Solasta videogame, it´s made automatically so it's useful but not very compelling. I do not know if that would ever reach BG3, since they do not seem to like much the reactions of 5e.

You can basically play with two buttons: Move and attack. There are people that find this not very fun. At least in the videogames, you manage a party so it´s not that monotone (unless you are playing multiplayer) It was discussed before in this thread.

Last edited by _Vic_; 26/09/21 06:12 PM.