Originally Posted by ArvGuy
Originally Posted by Moradin's hammer
Ah, when this thread started, I was thinking "what's the catch?" And it turned out to be another "BG3 should be an Infinity Engine title". I, for one, really hope this game will be much closer to DOS than to original BG series. And that's what I'll emphasize in my testing.
...It was a single player party-based D&D experience.

Predominently yes. But both games had Multiplayer and I for one loved playing this via TCP/IP with my friends. The limiting factor was the "chosen one" aspect which meant that for long conversations there was little to do but read whilst the main character did all the choosing. I think it's great that we will have a BG game where that aspect has been heavily improved. I would have preferred it without some of the sacrifices that are being made in the name of multiplayer (Night/Day cycle for example).

Also, until Larian fix the god awful Chain System, it's also much more fun to play in Multiplayer with each (or most) characters being individually controlled!!

That said, I too play these types of games in Single Player mode a lot, but I just wanted to point out that BG was never PURELY a SP experience.