Originally Posted by Demoulius
Lol you are the one bringing up optional rules and concepts from previous editions. If someone is surrounded they cant face towards everybody. Heck even 2 people attacking from opposite sides mean he cant see 1.

Whatever, il say again: they implemented the literal RAW interpretation of the rule. And then they removed it when feedback about ir showed up saying it was a bit much. What you are referring to is beeing noticed, not seen. Someone can try to sneak stealthily and be noticed by making noise without beeing seen. Youd would know hes there, but if he can attack you from that position wihout becoming visible to you hed get advantage. And yes you can notice someone without seeing them in which case their stealth (if they were trryng to be stealthy) would be broken to you.

You could be attacked by a hunky noisy rusty mecha that you could hear coming from a mile away but if you couldnt see him with your eyes hed get advantage.

Back on topic...

Do we got any proof other then 'something magical' is coming because in dnd that doesent really narrow classes down alot tbh xD
It's all 5e, I quoted the DMG.

The way you want the rule to be interpreted would be a nerf to Swashbuckler.

I didn't expect someone would ever try to deflect by claiming I used previous editions. But, you've shown some of the highest propensity to deflect I've ever seen.

You could be attacked by a hunky noisy rusty mecha that you could hear coming from a mile away but if you couldnt see him with your eyes hed get advantage.
Just no, the player would have to be paralyzed by Hold Person for example. Even if the mecha could travel a mile in 6 seconds the attack should not get advantage. (Unless some other condition is in play).