Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
It's all 5e, I quoted the DMG.

The way you want the rule to be interpreted would be a nerf to Swashbuckler.

I didn't expect someone would ever try to deflect by claiming I used previous editions. But, you've shown some of the highest propensity to deflect I've ever seen.

You could be attacked by a hunky noisy rusty mecha that you could hear coming from a mile away but if you couldnt see him with your eyes hed get advantage.
Just no, the player would have to be paralyzed by Hold Person for example. Even if the mecha could travel a mile in 6 seconds the attack should not get advantage. (Unless some other condition is in play).
Quote me a page with a rule that says you magicly teleport around to face whoever is attacking you when you are aware of them and I will concede that you are correct. And for the 2nd bit you would get the advantage. Because I stated 'if you couldnt see him with your eyes'. Whatever is the cause of that is 100% irrelevant.

I dont think people are upset per se about the Salami's but they just dont think its funny. Not everyone has the same sense of humor. Some people might find fart jokes or slapstick funny while another might not for example.

I dont find it funny but I think thats because im missing a reference or something.