Originally Posted by Blade238
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I dunno ...
Seems sad to me that people can even potentialy get so incredibly upset by the fact that their character is "able" to hold salami as a weapon. -_-
They didn't say they were upset? They were just pointing out that it isn't funny to them.
Then, logicaly, they were not people i was talking about. wink
Simple as that. laugh

As spacehamster95 said:
"If you look at reddit, there are plenty of people who vibe with their sense of humor."

And if you look deeper, you can easily find people who are regulary upset about it ...
Those are people i was talking about. smile

Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Ok it could be a fun meme made by Padzi really ! But something they really work on and implement in the game ? A "serious" and "mature" game with salami as weapons ?
More like as one of several dozens potential weapons ...
I mean we allready could throw it to damage someone, is abylity to slap someone over face with it so different? o_O

Personaly i believe it could be potentialy excelent silly weapon ...
I would give it 1Damage period (no damage rolls, sorry) ... and durability roll with Dificiulty 15 for Salami to break, and therefore become unusable as a weapon. :P
And i cant imagine why would people mind ... sure, if Salami would actualy give 1d8 Bludgeoning, i would be first against it, but as long as it stays as useless weapon as salami would actualy be ... i dont see any problem. laugh We allready can equip kitchen knives and cleavers ... pans would be wecomed too. :P

Originally Posted by mrfuji3
But if Larian devotes a too-large portion of time: making jokes about the salami, constantly referencing the salami, and salami(!) is representative of other changes in this patch, then that's different. In this case I'd be disappointed that more time wasn't spent on things I find interesting - updated mechanics, story, NPCs, companions, Q&A with the audience - but instead was spent on a meme I don't particularly find funny.
I can absolutely understand that, it would be indeed unfortunate ...
But it would not be misstake of the salami. laugh

After all, in last PFH, we were also specificaly presented only few things ... but there was a lot more changes. :-/
I believe there is little misstake in our expectation too, PFH as far as i could tell, is not ment to be informative ... its ment to be a show, preferably fun show, with some tiny tidbits here and there ... then there are patch logs, released later, and their main purpose is being informative.

Originally Posted by Niara
they have had *someone* at least dedicate time and resources to making and putting in the game
Or, someone who seen last PFH thought "hells, this is actualy funny" and created that small part of code (basicaly just another weapon) by himself in his free time ... then present it to Swen and Swen was like "Hells, why not ... they asked for it, after all."
So they add it to the game and it cost litteraly nothing. laugh smile

Im not from game industry myself, but i was told by my friend working in CDPR that some easter eggs was created exactly like this. laugh

Originally Posted by Niara
I'm looking forward to see what they do with Sorcerer, but I'm concerned at the moment that one of Larian's statements was that they wanted to get the hard and difficult things in first... and yet we've still not seen a proper reaction system.
I honestly wonder how does it look in Larian ...
Is whole company focused on Sorcerer ... or are there separated departments, working on different classes, and wichever finish their work first we get? O_o
I mean, we were told in Patch 4 that Nick (the guy who turned into the cow) was responcible for implementing Druids (or something like that) yes? So, he could easily be either leader of project that was curently entire studio focused on ... or he was just leading his department. o_O

My point is ... if second option was the case, and Swen told us that they "want to" implement hard and dificiult things first ... that dont mean at all that they concidered Sorcerer to be hardest, they might just fail in their ambitions to implement Paladin (or *instert class here*) first. laugh

Also i dare to say that if they would like to implement easiest class ... they would start with Barbarian.

Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
A shift away from classes by order of difficulty. Also, after druid are any classes really that difficult? They should be mostly equivalent.
Paladin? O_o
I cant quite imagine how they want to implement Lay on Hands ... we kinda figured out Smite in other topic, it would not be perfect, but it would be acceptable, but LoH? As far as i know, nobody even talked about it so far. laugh

Also what is so hard about Druid? O_o
I mean, personaly i would like much more if we had to "scan" (its not the best word i know) beasts to get their forms into our list of shapeshift possibilities ... but except changing their stats in forms, they are basicaly another Wizard with different spells. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown