Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
1.) It seem little odd to me to rate something you didnt even try. O_o
Is this tha case of "my friend said its bad so it IS bad"? Seems like it a little. :-/

2.) So basicaly you say that there is not enough for you to come back ...

Lets see:

3.)Communication have nothing to do with content ... therefore its irellevant for this debate.
Fequence of updates have nothing to do with contenct ... therefore its irellevant for this debate.
If the word "substance" used in this sencence have any meaning i dont know, then i apology for my missunderstanding ... but say it like this seems the same as say "something that would make me go back" since they all bring content. :P wink

4.) Sumarized ...
It sounds like you are waiting for some specific class that isnt Druid or Sorcerer ... and want new companion ...
Except that? I still dont know.

5.) That is little oversimplyfied tho ...

6.) After all, Larian themselves showed us that rules can easily be changed on the march (is that expression in English?) ...

7.) Personaly i believe Larian have enough people working on this, and enough sources of data, that they do have image of "general feedback" ... so they actualy changing only that things that they are willing to change, or that we are forcing them to ... but there still are things that will stay there no matter how often, or how much will people claim that "general feedback is negative" ...

8.) Take Barrels for example ...

9.) And you'l be damned if you tell us what were those things? :P
1.) Again, there's not enough content added to "try" it. I became bored enough with the content that was there with the initial release, then I forced myself to play more with the subsequent patch or two. Why would I force myself to trudge through it in order to test one new class that took SIX months to add. A single class is not enough for most people to bother redownloading the game (as evidenced by the 4% that still play).

2.) Exactly.

3.) Your question is what do you want, thus it's entirely relevant. It's also downright sad that it takes six months for an update to add anything and when it is added it's a single class. "Something of substance" is, at least in English, a way of describing a fundamental and tangible piece of a whole: A set of finished classes (martial classes, magic classes), a grouping of companions (we have what, less than half?), a story pathway with new lore and NPCs and dialogue, a large change in gameplay like what's written below, or a set of gameplay changes to address concerns such as fundamentally [changing the UI, inventory management, adding crafting, limiting the amount of barrels and changing the way it's carried, changing dipping to oils, changing shove to align more with the DnD material].

For instance. A complaint that I see brought up that I share is the condensing of the map in a way that's entirely illogical and leads to terrible world building and narrative. Something of substance to address this would be the stretching of the map and addition of more areas to spread everything out. Or even better would be to add a set of nodes to traverse similar to the original Fallout games or Wasteland or Pathfinder, etc. By doing so you have a set of distance that's actually logical covered by an overworld with random encounters, a camping system that makes sense and you can spread out the different geographies between nodes so you don't have ocean (?) attached to a grove attached to a forest attached to a town attached to a swamp, etc.

One could literally do this with every single common complaint on these forums which are only common because it's a obvious issue. Most people just don't want to sit here and write out a freaking essay when 1.) It's been discussed to death, 2.) There should be fairly obvious alterations and 3.) I'm not the one getting paid to release an inconsequential amount of content after an entire year.

4.) Nope. I want enough content to warrant a playthrough where I don't feel like I'm being forced to do chores.

5.) No it really isn't. They're continuing to trudge along with the rest of the game without adding base content that if they were to take feedback seriously could fundamentally change the game. As I wrote above, if they were to take the criticisms to the nonsensical world building and map design seriously, then they'd have to completely redesign entire pieces of the game. IE. rip up the carpet and floorboards to level the foundation or cut holes in the freshly painted walls to add the pipes and run the wires.

6). Small adjustments can be made in EA. The problem is that we're now a year into EA and thus I'd assume a substantial amount of content was added to the rest of the game that none of us are privy to. Unless EA is going to run for the next decade, then the pace at which we're included into anything (I use that loosely because of the terrible communication) nothing we do in EA matters. It was just made to build hype and pretend to care about feedback and consumer input (as though it were a crowdfunded title).

7.) They WERE getting enough data when it was first released with a variety of different players and a better sample population, then they killed their playerbase and were left with Rag and company as their rather biased sample grouping that they draw conclusions from to essentially support their own narrative. The people that took issue with the companions or gameplay or the way it was designed are likely no longer playing and haven't been since patch one or two (like myself).

8.) Yes, let's take barrels for example. Something that constantly targeted on their forums and yet nothing is done about.

9.) Oh golly Rag, I dunno... the terribly designed puzzles that everyone and their mother cheesed? The surface effects that were bitched about at length and nothing was done about it, only to double down on it in a game and playerbook that doesn't even support it? The teleporting all over the map that was streamlined into the cartoonish and asinine superhero jumping? Any companion complaints that appear to have been used as a checklist to make their next game's companions? The map suffering from the same design flaws as this game? Or how about the widely criticized armor system... I could list a ton of crap that I took great issue with and seem to have been likewise an issue for a number of players, at least enough that one would think they wouldn't have copied it into the next game that's in an entirely different IP.
------------------------------------------------
This took way to long to type out and was far too much effort compared to what Larian has put into this EA. I COULD sit here all day posting and write a novel on the types of changes and suggestions I would make to the game that I feel would drastically improve it, but then why should I? Larian has shown over this past year that they can't be bothered to add enough content to support an EA or even communicate with their consumers. My presence here is nearly nonexistent, yet I'd go so far as to say it's still more than Larian has put into it. *Shrugs*