Originally Posted by DebuYarou
I know its fully subjective but I need to remove it from my chest. In Players handbook, page 202, passage Casting time - Bonus Action, quote: "A spell cast with a bonus action is especially swift. You must use a bonus action on your turn to cast the spell, provided that you haven't already taken a bonus action this turn. You can't cast another spell during the same turn, except for a cantrip with a casting time of 1 action" end of quote. Because of that, for example, Cleric can't use Healing Word + Cure Wounds. He can use Healing Word + Cantrip. So, same goes for Sorcerer... No two Fireballs in same turn!!! Its insane! Its 48 AOE Damage on average in one turn! He can Quicken Spell Freball + Cantrip.
But unfortunately this is not a case. He can use two spells with Quicken Spell. I know, I know its there game and they can make changes. They can release like 5.5e book with some changes (buffs and nerfs for some classes, subclasses or some changes to mechanical rules). Sure we don't need to like them so we can homebrew otherwise. I am just saying.

You don't need Quickened Spell to cast 2 leveled spells in the same turn, in this game. I've cast Misty Step and then Magic Missile with a Wizard, more times then I can count. And I've cast Healing Word + Cure Light Wounds in the same turn as well. Any spell that can normally cast with a bonus action can be followed or preceded by another leveled spell. Now I know it's not allowed in 5e, but it's been allowed in BG3 since the beginning.

I'm more concerned about the the extra Meta Magic Sorcerers get. Two at 2nd level, then another at 3rd, at least according to FextraLife on YouTube. Note they also make the Wiki page. According to 5e, it's 2 METAs at 3rd level and another at 10th, then another at 17th. Two at 2nd (instead of 3rd), with a 3rd on at 3rd level instead of 10th is way way OP.