HI all mine is crashing randomly. I heard back from support for DX11 and Vulcan crashing. I Censored mine and reps names. But here it is! I hope it helps!

Hi

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can cause conflicts (generally on startup or loading screens) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs can also cause issues.

There's a known issue with the ASUS Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer that can cause a crash on startup; if applicable, try disabling or uninstalling the program.

For a Vulkan Device_Lost error, there is a known conflict with Ubisoft Connect; if you are running that in the background, try exiting out of it.

If you have any generic or obscure USB controllers (or other devices) plugged in, try disconnecting them. Crashes on startup with faulting module names of ntdll.dll and EZFRD64.DLL, can (particularly for the latter) be related to USB controllers or PS2 to USB adapters (for various games). Such crashes usually happen immediately, though, before the game starts to load.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, if applicable, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin' folder, by right clicking the executable (bg3.exe for Vulkan, or bg3_dx11.exe) and running as administrator.
Try right clicking the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check off the 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' option (set it to Application), maybe run as administrator and disable fullscreen optimization, and set a Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Verify / Repair'.

Especially if you have a relatively high desktop resolution, you can try temporarily lowering it, to limit what the game will auto-detect. If that allows the game to start, you can then exit and restore your desktop resolution.

If you check the Event Viewer, are there any events listed for the game, if it is at least starting to load? If so an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name might help identify the cause of the crash.
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error for the game (maybe sort by Date and Time, or search for 'bg3')
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Check for updated graphics drivers, and Windows updates in general.

For Windows 7, please make sure you have Service Pack 1 installed. That is the minimum required version of Windows (64 bit).

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and delete the 'Baldur's Gate 3' folder.
This folder contains the saved games, profiles and configuration files. Normally I would suggest renaming the folder for troubleshooting purposes, but if you don't have any saved games that isn't an issue.
Next, extract the replacement folder from the download below into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder, and see if that will let you start the game. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhv4qoopmmo1qeq/bg3_doc_41826359.zip?dl=1
The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this gets the game working.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

If that doesn't help, please reply with a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy). Also check the '..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin' folder, and if there are any CrashDump files being created, zip a few together to include.