Cool Shadow Armor Leather with a decent enchantment seems fitting for what is essentially the curtain falling on the first major arch of the story.

I mean the analogy would be the coolest armor one could get at the same point in BG1. In Beregost with the bonus to hide in the shadows and move silently. It was expensive, but you could still pick it up and that felt like a real accomplishment. I believe that's what they're shooting for maybe here?

Even if not, I can imagine other ways to buff her up if needed. Lets not lose the cool looking armor we finally got though. Just boost it up a bit instead. I mean it does have the word Drow in the description right?

I respect the designer for knowing what leather armor actually looked like, with hardened leather in bands and plates, not like some tight and flexible form fitting leather jacket anachronism that we typically see for such armors hehe. I like the color scheme too. Compared to the patch 5 look it's like praise the Absolute!!!

Of the Goblin bosses Minthara is definitely the fiercest in presentation. I mean given that she leads the attack on the grove, which is the big fight with the highest stakes along either path. If not exactly the most challenging. I think they will likely play with her stats and such until she's a fitting menace. I still think she'd make a fun companion for the Evil lineup too.

She'd basically be the Viconia/Shar-Teel of BG3. The one who we pick up at the end of the first major arc, a bit further afield, before the game scales up in challenge for the second major section like it did in BG1 vs the Bandits in the Woods or the Basilisks zone etc. That'd be a nice touch. Also with a hit to our reputation for allowing such an obvious villain into our group. Her and Kagha would be my top picks, as being the most Evil characters we've actually seen so far. Certainly more Evil than any of the 5 Origins.

Well ok Lae'zel is maybe pretty Evil deep down, but otherwise the badguy gang is pretty tame. One can hope Minthara would be a nice fit, so we can have a cutthroat Cleric who Lae'zel actually respects, as a counterpoint to Shadowheart hehe.

Also we lose Wyll if we complete the Goblin path, so it feels like going that way should give us access to an alternative companion as a boon. Minthara is already at the celebration and clearly game to party. Basically an Edwin or Dynaheir type situation, but BG3. If Minthara goes down maybe we get Sazza instead? So there is someone to pick up the slack. I'd like a similar thing for a nature healer in the choice between Halsin or Kagha. Instead of doing the part lock thing if it was handled like that it would feel more sensible with opposing party members. Not like everyone all gone at once at the same time. Instead makes more sense with factions building incrementally and with consequences from the actual gameplay. We don't need mercs really if they just allow some of the NPCs we've seen and come to enjoy, to become our extra companion for the long haul. Have it develop naturally from the story beats and our campaign choices, rather than randomly shoehorned in, just so it makes more sense that we get one option rather than another.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 19/10/21 09:43 AM.