That's not what I said at all. I basically repeated your exact request to have the enchantment be upped to Leather +3 and went even further to suggest Studded Leather +3 with an added skill bonus just like the Armor in Baldur's Gate 1 and then you said I'm crazy? lol

Are you arguing just for the sake of being argumentative? I'm on your same forensics team dude, trying to support the position you just offered in the preceding post.

I am happy with the look and said that they could change the enchantment or her stats more easily without giving up the aesthetic appeal we just gained, then requested she be a made a companion as well.

Why can't we fixate on that part now instead?

If they change the look of her gear yet again and it ends up looking weaker than this aesthetically I'll be irritated. Her current look is pretty cool. That is actually what badass leather armor should look like. Historically leather armor was not pliant and flexible. It is not tanned to make it ultimately soft but rather to make it durable, then 'boiled' moulded and hardened with minerals and resins, and ideally reinforced further with metal ribbing which this suite appears to have.

Actual Leather armor was rigid. Hence the desire for a qualifier to stress that point further for people who might not know that real medieval Leather Armor looked a lot more like banded or plate armor than some form-fitting modern pleather catsuit of the sort we usually get in these games hehe. They did well there for the visual design. It actually does look like leather armor, just not the visually inaccurate sort we're used to seeing from less informed artists. The regular Leather Armor from the shop (or in the char menu if you choose a rogue) is what doesn't look like true leather armor. That stuff is a wildly anachronistic and would be pretty useless in combat for all but the most minimal protection against heat transference or minor abrasions, whereas this suite actually does look like true leather armor! So that's a plus at least. I think she looks killer compared to patch 5. I want her to come along for the ride now again!

I'd like to have a reason for Minthara to get excited when she gets her hands on some rad Drow plate in black a bit later, after she's joined my group. Then stick her Drow 'leather' +3 on my evil PC or someone else who can make better use of it at that point. There should be some room for her to progress after being picked up.

These boards are absolutely exhausting. We can't even agree with each other without catching an elbow from the lecturn? lol

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Black_Elk; 19/10/21 05:47 PM.