Something along those lines would work well too. Or if one wanted a more ultra Dex based mode just enchant the hell out of the leather. I have no prob with a Stat boost to make that work. I just don't want her all squishy and looking goofy.

Also the rationale provided on the previous page for those numbers was more for versatility, instead of building her stats around her equipment, just giving her something potent that works in a lot of different ways. Just so she doesn't have to be all set in stone from the outset. Companions that can be built out to serve more what the PC is interested in are always popular. If she's Lvl 4 or higher at the time of recruitment, maybe the player can choose which extra Attribute stat to juice as a bonus from the Absolute? That would be another cool touch.

The nice thing about this NPC companion is that the same kinds of justifications about the Absolute granting a boon to her Attributes (beyond what the PC could achieve via point buy) works for whatever spread we need. It's consistent with her narrative.

This is the sort of thing the DM can do, giving us a companion who's a bit ahead of the curve. You wouldn't hear me complaining if they gave her Plate Armor at all. Provided it's Drow looking and cool aesthetically. She should be a wrecker!

And again the point about using Her as the reward for the Villainous path. Not necessarily just her gear, but Her, as a companion hehe. Team Evil needs something. Many people have griped about how there is no payoff really for the Goblin path. The Minthara companion would be the payoff! I'd dig that so much. Plus her makeup looks great once again, finally! lol

I'd love for Minthara to come along for the ride. I was pretty disappointed with our selection of Origins companions if trying to build out a villainous crew. Sure there are plenty of people to "use" as a means to our ends. But I'm talking reliable villainy. Shadowheart is set off Lae'zel in a way that's entertaining, but also starts to wear thin the further along it goes. She works as a dissembling type Cleric of Shar, but she's not really a cutthroat, and probably not even a villain in the end. Gale and Wyll aren't really villains at all, or at least they don't come off that way in terms of their approval and such. They keep pushing the PC to do good. Astarion doesn't seem to care much about what's happening as long as it doesn't impact him, so it's basically Astarion and Lae'zel, and then we're missing our dedicated bloodthirsty caster.

We lose Wyll if playing the Goblin path, so I'd like Minthara to take his place.

The game would play so much better if we could recruit some of these NPCs into the Party. It would be such a breath of fresh air compared to the fab 5 over and over and over in each playthrough. The set up is perfect. They've already done the work. She doesn't need a whole insane gang of new cutscenes, because she's already had them. She just needs a bark set. Though honestly I'd love a few more interludes along the way. As we get closer to figuring out what the Absolute is, she can be the character who provides additional insights with a running commentary there.

It's Jenifer Hale too!
Like Legendary!!!

Of course I want her in my party! lol

Screw Minsc or whatever other Origin companion they want to drop in on us just randomly waiting by side of the road, with no set up from the story. Minthara has so much build up already, and her own fan club. I think it would be a huge miss not to include Minthara as an option to recruit. My two other favs for a villainous team are Sazza and Kagha, depending on what the player is trying to achieve with their party and which path they pursue along the way. Not every companion needs to be an Origin character. They should flesh it out with more options, or this game will bore me to tears by the time of the full release.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 19/10/21 10:54 PM.