Originally Posted by Madscientist
If this was a movie, think of it as a mix of Alien (dark horror setting), Deadpool/suicide squad (lots of psychos and lots of action, takes nothing too serious), a disney cartoon and some realism (some things characters do or say actually makes sense). A little bit of everything. After slaughtering some monsters you sing a happy song and then you blow up the whole place with oil barrels.
This is the point exactly. You just outlined what could be best described as incoherent mess. It will be guaranteed to disappoint players. Like I personally can't stand the Disney cartoon animals and the silly pushing and shoving after the first laugh, because I was sold a dark mature RPG with a realistic fantasy style. How does this mess of styles and genres make BG3 good is my concern.

This is the reason why games and films have directors, so things don't fall apart.

I'm trying not to think about the original games too much because that was 20 years ago and more is expected and less is forgiven in 2021. And the silly things in the original games were few and far between.

Last edited by 1varangian; 21/10/21 10:12 AM.