Originally Posted by GM4Him
Just give me the main story plot via dialogues and in-game events. Don't make me research and read crap all over the place or I miss major story elements.
books in game are always really nice but it should never be mandatory, finding odd information on the lore that would explain part of the world is their main purpose... more than that is usually expecting a bit much from the player, at least for the main quest (notes are an exception, I guess). if there is a side quest for every book in the game, I'm in... (would need a higher level cap though)

Originally Posted by JandK
In storytelling, it's a matter of show, don't tell. Show the evil and danger of Shar worshipers, don't tell about them. It's more powerful to the player to actually see their evil in some way, as opposed to reading about it in a lore book or hearing the narrator say they're evil.
the thing is, the original material has limited "showing" capacity but astounding "telling" capacity and even if larian has madperson who actually went boldly where no other video game went before and show hands holding a gravity bound pendant for trivial reasons, we are talking about a cult about secrecy... I never played in this setting but from what I've gathered, with this setup, it will be hard to shine the light on the goddess of shadows in a really eye opening way

also, sometimes, one or two sentences well delivered as explanation can have a powerful impact

Originally Posted by GM4Him
Now, if Shadowheart wasn't wearing a ginormous black circle on her chest and shoulder pads and circlet, and she was just wearing the same armor without all that stuff, no one would think she's a servant of Shar.
I did not wanted to bring datamine or spoilers but there are unused destroyed armors and if she dies (and get looted) before the crash, she spawns on the beach with a bandit armor while lae'zel stays naked so... for now, I'm just glad I can see this armor ^.^

Last edited by auriejir; 22/10/21 06:18 PM.