Yeah I mean, sort of fell into the pitrap I guess once the door is opened.

But since its a new page, I think the game needs to give some kind of impressionistic overview of the deities and how this form of magic is different from the arcane sort suggested by the bookish books hehe. It needs a little cinema to it, if the game is going to dedicate so much else to that. I don't know what it should really look like, the only thing that makes sense to me right now is a preamble that keys off the inputs in char creation. In the prologue we hear mention of Vlaakith and Shar, and there are bits of info presented during the loadscreens, but that doesn't quite carry into a sense that as a PC the gods should really matter, anymore than they care about what people believe on that score in more mundane settings outside the high fantasy.

This was one of the first D&D tomes I ever picked up. It has some of the best art in it... That one along with the manual of the planes were my favs.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

They basically need the FR cinemascope version of that lol.

Like where the PC gets that sort of impression (the two dudes duking it out, as apotheoses) during the point in Character creation that deals with this stuff. I think it should have it's own treatment. Doesn't need to be delivered all at once, but it should start early. I know they spent all the money doing the Dragons and Nautiloid trashing the city hehe, but it would be cool if they could have done a Cosmogony story using a similar sort of sweep, which would fire up when the character selects their deity. Not just some tab in a game menu, but like something that plays it up a bit. And not for every last entry in the Pantheon but at least for the biggies and the ones supported by the game. The ones we're going to for sure butt up against while playing. With a primer, the player can read into the prologue even more, since they'll have more insight before they hit the ground running.

I think in practical terms, they could still try to do it using more of the in game cinematic tools. Like give the Deities some avatar models, and for the clerics they could be used to convey something more personalized. That way when the new player shows up, assumes they should probably be a cleric, (since they're new and that's the first option they see) the game should really use that opportunity.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 23/10/21 05:39 AM.