Originally Posted by timebean
It so often seems like two camps. Camp one likes immersion in the sense that an rpg should feel natural and logical in and of itself with the ability to sink into a character and make choices based on that character’s traits…not based on beating the game or getting the most loot. Camp two cares less about immersion and instead wants tons of content, easter eggs, varied characters to interact with, etc. These are both TOTALLY fine, but it is annoying when folks from camp two willfully ignore what the folks from camp one are saying.

I (the player) can ignore the squirrels. My character, who knows NOTHING about the druid grove because he has never been there before, might very well try out his new magic ring by talking to the squirrels. When that happens, I (the player) roll my eyes and think “wow…there were too many cooks in the kitchen when this game was written”. I think that is what the OP is saying, and I get it. Stuff like that is immersion breaking.

Timebean, that's really well put. As someone solidly in camp 2, that was eye-opening for me.