Originally Posted by Ianthebea
I disagree that vendors shouldn't be pickpocketable, that's a staple of larian design since divinity original sin 1 afaik and it is fine, tho it might be too easy to pickpocket ~some~ vendors. it should be kept in. However their stock should 100% be unique and not scale with player levels and refresh whenever players level up, that's not good design, this makes it so that players know that next level a whole slew of new upgrades will be readily available, it incentivizes metagaming to avoid the 'mistake' of buying a good looking weapon for your character only to level up when handing in a quest to that same vendor and then finding that now there is an even better sword available that is no longer purchasable because of the gold loss from the first purchase.

being able to pickpocket a full refreshed inventory is not a good workaround to this design problem I feel. It is also just not as immersive as a static stock of items being offered to the players, I hate to say it but I feel that it highlights the bad aspects of video games more than the good in this case.

yes because vendors never get new stock in ever or sell what they have. Personally I'd prefer it if it was altered every few days or rests.

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!