Two things I noticed just now as I right clicked and Examined Minthara:

1. Yeah, either her stats need a reworking or she needs better armor. I don't care what you say Ragnarok, her armor does not fit her character with those stats. Her Dexterity is 12, meaning she only gets a +1. That Drow Leather Armor does her absolutely no good. She should be equipped with something like a Half Plate + 1, giving her AC of 16 + Dex + Shield + 1, thus giving her an AC of 20. End of story. What does she care about stealth? She's got Dex of +1, so her stealth isn't going to be that great anyway. Why not buff her defense? If she was a player character, that's what I'd do for her, and as a DM, that's the only thing that makes sense with her current stats. Since she's carrying a magic Mace, and her Strength is higher, the rest of her gear set works just fine. And, I might add, that armor in no way looks like leather. She's got pauldrons on her shoulders. Metal pauldrons. That's not leather.

As an alternative, if she is going to keep the Drow Leather, they should then flip her Dex and Strength so she's weaker but more Agile. Then the Drow Leather works. Give her Dex 16 or higher and Strength 10 or 12. As long as the Drow Leather provides a base AC of 13 + Dex and her Dex is 16 or more, the Drow Leather will continue to work. But then Xyandre's Fire needs to be a rapier because that's a Finesse weapon which makes more sense for someone with high Dex to use. She'd get a higher attack bonus with a rapier than with a mace in this alternate version. Anything less than this is unacceptable as a player and/or DM. Giving a Drow Cleric Leather Armor + 1 when she has a Dex of 12 is just not wise character design.

2. Minthara is a Nightwarden? When did this happen? Has she always been a Nightwarden? Is this new? If so, they've just given us a bit more about her character, I think, which I'm not sure totally aligns with her being of House Baenre, but it definitely says she wasn't some slave of a drow house. Does anyone know more about Nightwardens? I'm not familiar with them. This is all I could find online, and I'm not sure it lines up with Forgotten Realms Lore:

The Nightwardens are an Drow organization that serves as the principle military force of Umbravall. Nightwardens consist, primarily of fighters and rogues, as well as clerics and paladins in service of Lolth. One of the Wardens primary duties is the defense of the prison known as Deephold; where many dangerous criminals are kept beneath Umbravall. Currently, the Nightwardens are hunting a large number of convicts that escaped from Deephold alongside the red wyrm, Daggerspine.

Umbravall, also known as The Throne of the Depths, is the primary city of the Drow, as well as being the entirety of their nation. It rumored to be completely unassailable by outside forces; due to the shifting labyrinth of tunnels that is said to be completely impassable by non-drow.

Umbravall, and indeed all of Drow society, is led by the divine Empress Vyalia and a cabal of powerful Grand Clerics.

It is home to the prison Deephold; possibly the highest security prison within Teshol and home to several dangerous convicts dating from present day, all the way back to pre-scalewar. Many of whom escaped alongside the ancient red dragon Daggerspine.

Either way, Nightwarden sounds like more of an elite drow, especially if she was once a drow cleric at a maximum security prison. Dang! Should she only be Level 5? I have to go back to that. Level 5 does not seem high enough.

But then, if they are going for a reset when you get the True Soul tadpole, that could explain why she's a lower level even though she may have been something like a Level 12 to 15 character previously.

Last edited by GM4Him; 27/10/21 07:59 AM.