All these comparisons to satan are patently inaccurate. That's a religion with one God and one bad figure in the form of satan.

It's not the same as a world with multiple religions and hundreds of different monster races; it's a wonder anyone in that setting can keep anything straight in their heads.

People are projecting what they know from reading setting books onto NPCs in the most two dimensional manner possible.

At the end of the day, if that's the way you want to look at it, fine. Unfortunately, I have zero interest in playing that game because I think the depth is shallow. (Luckily, that's not the game I'm playing.)

Originally Posted by Innateagle
...recognize her apparel...

No one recognizes it because it's not specific-to-Shar attire.

People see these design choices by artists and suddenly jump to the conclusion that, "Yeppers, that's official 100% Shar regalia right there, totally canon Shar outfit, only the dumbest of the dumb-dumbs wouldn't recognize that there Shar regalia as being official Shar church merchandise, yeppers."

Again, if that's the way people want to play things, by all means. I can't get on board, though. I think insisting that an onyx circlet is a sure fire sign that someone worships Shar is ridiculous. Even coupled with round black circles on the shoulders of the armor (which is a look that's been updated in various patches, I believe).

But whatever, sure, maybe the armor is a uniform and everyone who worships Shar gets it as a sign on bonus.

Last edited by JandK; 27/10/21 04:57 PM.