Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by Dexai
No. Like has been told to you several times by several people, Shar is not some unknown deity from a completely different part of the world. Knowing about Shar and what she wants to do with the world is not some esoteric knowledge you only find in forgotten tomes after devoting your life to studying weird religions. It's not something you have to try hard to "keep straight in your head" -- it's something people see in the moon every day. When children ask why the moon comes and goes parents tell them the story of Selune and Shar. You can't weasel your way out of this by going "oh but the world has SO MANY religions" -- even if it does, this is how they believe in Faerun, on the Sword Coast, where we are and the game takes place.

Quite frankly, it's not us who are examples of rigid thinking and not understanding how the world or people works. It's you.

Nonsense.

First of all, in regards to "has been told to you several times..." none of you are final authorities. Each of the several people you mention has tried to present fiction as fact, and not even in a convincing manner. This is a discussion, and from my point of view, you have been told several times. See how that works?

Yes, you've said that already. That was what I was mirroring. See how that works?

You can keep claiming "from my perspective, it's the Jedi who are evil" however much you want; you're still arguing in circles and refusing to respond to other people's arguments.

Originally Posted by JandK
Again, this is nothing but obfuscation for the tired and weak assertion that onyx equals Shar. Consider the following quote one of your several people made:

This is bordering on delusional. That "obfuscation" was me responding directly to the argument you were making about religions. This thread is about the need for the player to know who Shar is before Shadowheart's reveal in order to be able to make an informed role-playing decision about how their character should react to it. You are the main reason we're still stuck going on and on about whether or not the cleric who's wearing Sharran imagery should be recognisable as -- or even just suspectable of being -- a Sharran.

And to be honest, I have to stop myself to get involved with that argument to just because of what a godawful job you are doing of arguing against it. You just literally asserted word by word that post hoc ergo propter hoc and you have the gall to throw stones about other people's jumps of logic in that glasshouse of an argument you've built. In the very same response even!

Optimistically Apocalyptic