Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by auriejir
Originally Posted by GM4Him
But make no mistake. I think she should either just own it up front if she's gonna wear obvious armor, or her outfit needs to be tweaked.

It would be a small change. Make the stones blue, not black. There. Problem solved. Shoot! Shar is a goddess of trickery. Have it be blue or something similar in the beginning, and then have it change colors to black later, after you know the truth.
as I said like 5 pages ago, there are destroyed armors in the files and if she is dead and looted before the crash, she spawns back with a bandit armor while lae'zel don't get anything new... those are loose evidence but it still points towards her not necessarily wearing her "red herring" armor.

that being said, clerics need a holy symbol to cast most of their spells so she would still have to be carrying some symbol...

My point is that Sharrans aren't supposed to be so obviously Sharran. They are secretive. Assuming she's a cleric of Selune and tricked to serve Shar, she might start with the armor so obvious because Shar's flaunting to Selune that she's corrupted her servant. Still, regardless, if she's wearing that armor, people ought to at least get a religion roll to see if they recognize it as obviously Sharran.

As for the holy symbol, Larian isn't requiring spell focus. Regardless, if she has one, she shouldn't be wearing it on her forehead. She should have it tucked in a secret pocket and carefully pulling it out when she casts spells. If she wears it, again, that should be pointed out as peculiar, allowing a player to ask her which God she serves and having people like Gale call it out.

And yeah, Gale should have a problem with Shadowheart. If he loves Mystra, and Mystra hates Shar...

Do you have X-ray vision? She could very easily be wearing it as a necklace, and it's under her armor. We know she doesn't have one, but that could easily be the case.