Originally Posted by WakandaNative
Granted I only got into EA this year (2021) but from what I've seen, it's the opposite. There's only 1-2 faces that could pass for black or asian for each of the following: humans, tieflings, and elves. Half-elves, dwarves, and halflings only have Caucasian faces. I don't count Githyanki since in general they're alien looking enough but it's still easy to see the caucasian base for the faces.

Why do you expect fantasy races to have human diversity represented in them? They are not human therefore do not necessarily reflect the same level of diversity present in humanity. In D&D lore there are elves with dark skin, copper skin, etc. likewise with pretty much every there fantasy race so why the desire for them to somehow reflect human diversity? They are already diverse in their own way.

I'm all for more representation while making a human character but please keep the game world consistent. Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes are the product of Northern European folklore/mythology and literature...why do you expect they should suddenly reflect human diversity when they are supposed to appear distinct from humans? They might share similarities but they are fundamentally different. I thought the whole appeal of playing a non-human race was that you get to roleplay someone who looks nothing like you?

That tired trope of saying Elves look European is based on what....skin tone? Because if you're going on facial characteristics I would argue that the fine features of Elves have more in common with some people from parts of Asia and Eastern Africa. But I don't go there because I prefer my fantasy games to be free of current real world issues. Fantasy roleplay is an escape.

Also, Githyanki have a Caucasian base...really? They literally look like The Grinch and you say that's a Caucasian base? I'm lost for words.

As I said already, a big yes to more human representation in the character creator and in the game world but leave fantasy races alone, they are fine the way they are.