Originally Posted by Alyssa_Fox
The " I do not remember your loves" bit feels so generic and immature, that if I didn't know beforehand that it's from Bg2 I would've assumed it was some overemotional teenager writing to their former sweetheart. And calling his diary outstanding writing when it's on par with an average fanfiction?

How come? It is beautifully delivered and you can feel the struggle and emotional undertones. It is sincerely acted and his story arc supports it, he attempted to clone her, constructed a sanctuary for her, lingering for his memory and past. You may not empathize, as you clearly prefer monotoned characters, but it is well written and is objectively iconic for many. You can criticize the Master in FO1, the Transcendent One (which shares the stereotyped "bad guy" monotonous voice acting as Kerghan's, Darth Vader, etc..) as much as you like, but each one has their strengths and writing style.

Originally Posted by Alyssa_Fox
And Lae'zel is one-dimensional, generic and boring. Will has the best writing because he is written like an actual human being. He wants to be hero, but only because for him it's a coping mechanism to deal with his insecurities and issues. He suffers from low self-esteem which he hides behind a facade of arrogant bravado, he wants to be loved and respected by his peers, but he also needs to feel that this love and respect are well-earned. The fact that he got his powers from a pact with a demon makes him suffer from an imposter syndrome, he is ashamed of his dealings with Mizora, he suffers from his need to lie and understands it, but is too afraid to stop lying. Wyll is an interesting and complex character.

Lol. I am not defending Lae'zel, I am just saying she is the only character that behaves that she is about to die, whereas your ideal character is teaching kids to fight, casually playing in the Disney Grove as the "tentacles and talons" are about to grow.

Originally Posted by Ragitsu
When people try to tear down the classics in defense of BG3, I imagine a rat nipping at the heels of a wolf.

Exactly. How low did we fall? I think it is the Final Fantasy X effect, when bad writing became good writing for the new generation .

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 31/10/21 02:35 AM.