Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Why are you arguing over details that don't matter to you, then? Seems like a waste of time and space. Larian asked for feedback and trying to shoot it down isn't useful to anyone.

Because this is the General Discussion forum, maybe? I mean, it's what this forum is for, discussing things about the game. The better question is, why are you so bothered that I disagree with your assessment? Perhaps I feel that your stated position isn't of much use to anyone, and don't want to see what you think makes a good game implemented, when I don't see an issue with what is presented, especially in this context. I mean, you're chastising me for replying to a topic in the General Discussion forum, how am I supposed to think that any other ideas you have are noteworthy, when you don't understand what "General Discussion" means?
Without solid reasoning a disagreement is sometimes just a condescending attitude of "you're wrong and Larian knows better, don't change anything". That's not really discussion.

...and when that reasoning is dismissed because you believe "bad writing" or "doesn't fit the tone", both of which can be very subjective, it's open to debate, or dismissal out of hand. You see, I have provided my reasoning, and it doesn't have anything to do with "Larian knows better". This is just another example of you not trying to refute the arguments provided, but simply trying to dismiss someone from the dialog for having the audacity to either disagree, or not see it as being as much of an issue as you want it to be. This is the second time, in two posts that you have gone after me, instead of my stated positions on your thoughts on the topic. Yet you want to accuse me of being condescending?

I realize that you probably thought you'd get a whole lot of pages of "Yeah". Reading through the things you post, I can see a lot of approval fishing, and I can also see the indignation required to post things like "why are you discussing the game in the General forum". I can't do anything about your failure to understand what a particular forum is used for, and that's the first time that I went to you, instead of your idea, because you didn't provide anything else to reply to, just an attack on my discussing the ideas in a thread in the General section of the forums.