Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Because this is the General Discussion forum, maybe? I mean, it's what this forum is for, discussing things about the game. The better question is, why are you so bothered that I disagree with your assessment? .

Feel free to disagree as much as you want. These are all opinions or matters of taste and there's no right or wrong. You probably don't see how abrasive you come across?

Reading through the things you post, I can see a lot of approval fishing,

I can't do anything about your failure to understand

Perhaps I feel that your stated position isn't of much use to anyone

you don't understand what "General Discussion" means

etc... just unnecessary.

Fair enough. What was the context for those snippets? Replying to "why are you posting in my thread" and "your opinion isn't worth considering", paraphrasing both here, which came two posts in a row from you. Perhaps you expected that I'd be offended, and run screaming from the forums in tears? Perhaps you thought I'd just go "yeah, why should I want to discuss something about a game I want to succeed on that game's own forums" and go away? If "Feel free to disagree all you want" is truly your position, why did you confront me about posting in this thread? Note that the second time I replied to you trying to remove me from the thread, I cut/pasted the responses. I did this because the forum software allows for "ninja editing", where a poster can change their post, and it changes it in any posts that quote it. I did that precisely because of situations like this, where it's ok if you're getting snarky, but if anyone gets snarky replying, it's abrasive.

So, how about we both take a step back, and look at what may have caused this abrasive situation, and fix what needs to be fixed on our own ends, instead of trying to point to each other's flaws? I mean, the example you gave of me saying your position isn't of much use to anyone was a direct reply to you saying the same thing to me. Was your use acceptable, even though you find my use abrasive?