Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I see. Thanks for the information. Even if said theories about Gale don't turn out to be true. He definitely did something where Mystra ended up leaving him. I do wonder what was so bad but of course we have to wait for more content.

Pretty sure Gale himself states she simply got bored of him, which is what lead him to trying to impress her by researching Netherese magic.

Didn't he try to cast a spell first and he failed, then she left him? I think that's what he said because he was trying to impress her.

That's Gale's version of the story. I suspect he's lying / telling a half truth.

The game is treating Netherese Magic as synonymous with shadow magic but they're not identical. There's the Mystryl-controlled weave and the Shar-controlled shadow weave. If you are playing Pathfinder: Wrath the shadow weave is the force behind spells like shadow conjuration.

The shadow weave is the dark reflection of the weave and a cancer on it. Wherever the weave expands it eats away at the weave. It's part of Shar's centuries long campaign to kill Mystra and end all of existence. The more people using the shadow weave the more the cancer spreads and the weaker Mystra becomes . . .

Every time you use the shadow weave you distance yourself from the true weave and eventually you will be unable to cast spells using the weave. You are linked into the Shadow weave -- Shar then permanently removes 2 wisdom points which can only be restored by a Sharran cleric in exchange for a service to Shar.

Now the Shadow weave is potentially more powerful than the weave because Mystra reorganized the weave and cut off access to 10-12 level spells. It's not clear in the lore, but it's possible that the Shadow weave still allows access to 10 - 12 spells.

So you are Gale, an archmage *and* a chosen, there really isn't any place to move up. Even becoming the magister is a step down from chosen. Unless you explore the shadow weave . . .

Gale's 'orb' is acting like a shadow mythallar (shadow weave power plant). I think he went in search of it, found it, and thus fell into Shar's trap. This ended the relationship with Mystra -- he chose to connect himself to the shadow weave.

This would also explain the graphics on the gates -- the dark energy / dark flame effects looks shadow weavish.

I guessing if you play him as your MC you will have a choice to become a chosen of Shar and wield the power of a shadow mythallar or you will be able to get back into Mystra's good graces.